Edinburgh is a very well connected city. You can get here by road, rail or air.
- If you’re coming by car, you can check your route with the RAC, or the AA.
- Parking in Edinburgh city centre can be expensive. Be sure to check at Edinburgh City Council’s website.
- If you’re coming by train from London (or other places en-route), then check East Coast Trains for cheap advance fares to Edinburgh Waverley. The railway station is about 10 minutes walk from Castle View Apartment.
- If you’re coming by train from elsewhere in England or Wales, check Virgin Trains, Cross Country Trains, Trans Pennine Express, and National Rail Enquiries.
- If you’re coming by train from elsewhere in Scotland, check ScotRail.
- Did you know that you can travel by overnight sleeper train from London on the Caledonian Sleeper?
- If you’re coming by air, check if your airline flies direct to Edinburgh Airport (airport code EDI). Plenty do, from a variety of places. Or, check Edinburgh Airport’s website for a list of airlines and destinations.
- From the airport, take the tram or the express bus to the city centre or the West End. Both take about half an hour, with about a 10 to 15 minute walk to Castle View Apartment.
Whilst you’re staying at the apartment, you’ll find that you can easily walk to most of the city centre. If you want to go further afield, check the routes and timetables for local buses.